The COVID-19 (coronavirus) event is a dynamic & global situation that we are continuing to monitor and address at IBERICA.
At IBERICA, the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and our suppliers are always our priority, and we recognize the important role we play in providing information and updates as deemed important and necessary to the community we serve. Additionally, our hearts go out to all those affected by COVID-19.
We have Business Continuity Plans to ensure the continuation of production, but we are closely monitoring updates from the Portuguese General Directorate of Health (DGS) regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies, public health officials and government agencies on an ongoing basis.
Taking proper prevention and control measures is imperative. Please refer to this outline as produced by the Portuguese General Directorate of Health (DGS):
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching eyes, nose & mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home to prevent the spread of illness
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with your arm or tissue. Make sure to discard tissues in the trash
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently used such as desks, phones, computer keyboards, etc. on a regular basis
As our employees interact with customers and suppliers, we have taken steps to limit exposure to the virus. We have put restrictions on travel, limiting the size of meetings, providing remote-work solutions, and continue to reinforce safe behavior in every environment.
Again, this situation is evolving every day. Our team is constantly monitoring and adjusting strategy for not only our own organization but for all of our clients and suppliers. Please follow all government procedures and stay up to date on this situation.